Top Posts & Pages
- I'm on Facebook double secret probation!
- Be as happy as this kid hugging a fish
- Sounds like MacOS Sierra is a disaster when it comes to iCloud syncing for the desktop and documents folder
- For OmniFocus nerds only: A big feature request
- Which is better: Google Maps or Waze?
- I give this study a standing ovation
- Sound advice from Steven Brust: When a member of a marginalized group criticizes your writing
- Cisco Developing 'Monica' Digital Assistant
- Sucking down a chili dog outside the Tastee-Freeze
Subscribe to Mitch Wagner's Blog in email
Tag Archives: software
And open source what happens when advocates try to make free software business-friendly. Benjamen Walker’s Theory of Everything podcast: Anthropologist Gabriella Coleman tells us about her book Coding Freedom and the time she spent among the Hackers, “Chris” makes his … Continue reading
Monitoring software lets employers keep an eye on their remote workers, with keyloggers to see what’s on their screens and cameras to watch them in their home offices. That’s both wrong and bad for business, says David Heinemeier Hansson, a … Continue reading
Me, Light Reading: Companies evaluating open source technology need to be careful that they get all the open source benefits. That’s sometimes tricky, which is why AT&T has defined “three key characteristics of open source software that we consider paramount,” … Continue reading
Rich white folks worry about the Singularity, but AI is already making problems for the rest of us. Kate Crawford, The New York Times: According to some prominent voices in the tech world, artificial intelligence presents a looming existential threat … Continue reading