How to fix a bricked Pebble watch
I thought for a while I’d bricked my Pebble Time watch. I was trying to reset the Bluetooth connection and it ended up stuck at the screen for SOS.
I went to Google and found this post from Jason Quattrone on Google+. Instructions for fix:
- Place the watch on the charger.
- Press and hold the right bottom button for 10 seconds (this will do a factory reset while you are in recovery mode)
- Clear the bluetooth pairing from the phone.
- Try reconnecting the watch from the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone.
- Finally launch the watch app and continue updating your watch.
And that worked.
The good news is my Pebble Watch is working again, which means I don’t have to replace it, and I probably would have replaced it with an Apple Watch, which would have cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars.
The bad news is I’m not getting an Apple Watch and the process cost me like a half hour.