Mitch

September 30, 2016

Today’s creative writing: 105 new words, 13,091 words total, on “The Reluctant Magician.”

I’ve been stuck the last few days, having trouble getting started with the next scene, which introduces a new major character. I was having difficulty visualizing the character in ways that didn’t seem sickly sweet. This afternoon I realized I need to combine that character with an existing character and rewrite two of the scenes I’ve already written.

Tonight I deleted a few hundred words of material that went down a wrong road. I wrote notes on the scenes I need to revise. I did a few paragraphs of new material. And then I deleted those few paragraphs and started again.

So I’m making forward progress, but lots of backtracking going with it.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.