Link

Style mavens say beards are soooooo over.

I never could grow a decent beard. I try every 10 years or so and then give up after about 10 days.

The recent mountain-man bristly beard thing was ridiculous unless you are, actually, a mountain man. If none of your recent meals have included meat from a bear your killed yourself, trim or shave your damn beard.

14 thoughts on “RIP beards

1. Kass McGann

If you have that gloriously angled face like Nimoy, you owe it to the world to do “evil Spock”. =D

1. Ron T Blechner

Took me years to get my mustache to connect to my chin-beard. Fortunately, I was in college. 😉

1. David Parish-Whittaker

I’m with ya. I can’t do a beard because of work but even my mustache attempts look patchy at best, molesteresque at worst. Besides, it tickles your nose

2. Kass McGann

Some men look good with a beard. But NO ONE has ever looked good with that unkempt hipster facial fungus that has been popular. Ick!

3. Fred Schwarz

I grew a beard right after I retired from the military. I liked it, I kept it kind of short. My wife hated it. We went to Antietam to visit the battlefield and when I looked at the pictures we took, I looked I belonged there as a Civil War relic; the beard came right off and has not come back since.

4. Laurence Foray

I noticed people walking around NY dressed like lumberjacks, which is about as realistic as a fat guy walking around in a jogging suit… Both are pretending to be something they’re not 🙂

5. Mary Osmanski

My husband has had a goatee since before I met him (over 21 years ago). I probably wouldn’t recognize him if he shaved it off.

6. Pete Pettingill

I’ve grown them and shaved them off a number of times. In 2013 I had an accident and was out of work for a while and let it grow. My grandson moved in and I felt like a grandpa and kept it. My wife always hated my beards so I grew this one and never said a word. About 18 months in somehow it came up and she said “I like it this time.” What I really dislike are the guys who just don’t shave for a week and just look like crap. Either grow it and trim it or shave. I have never let it get really big but might try that some time.

7. Mark Colomb

It took me a while, 11 years to be exact, to come to grips with the fact I was no lager in the Army and did not have to shave every day. I was in Indianapolis for a seminar and was shaving and nicked myself. I bled like a stuck pig and all I could think about was I only had one white shirt. That was the last time I shaved. Yea, it is taking a while, but my goal is somewhere between ZZ Top and Duck Dynasty.😜

8. Guy Flummerfelt

I grew a decent Van Dyke beard after I retired from the Army. Still have it but since it ts all white I’m not going to keep it.